Thought experiment #1 with my fucking mind

Friday, November 27, 2015


A small ball , gravity and air.

Let me imagine that a ball is stationed at a certain height from the ground. (I'm holding it with my hand)

 


Why do I need to hold it ? Because the force of gravity is acting on the ball.

Now let me think of an imaginary surface encapsulating a small isolated space around the ball as shown in the figure.

Inside that space I have :

The ball ( mass )

Gravity (Force, because of which I have to keep holding the ball)

and air

Now, the environment variables says that if I stop holding it , the ball should fall on the ground.

So, the ball is destined to fall.

Is it ?

Or

Behind this simple fact, there is something else still unperceived, that can change the outcome.

Can this ball go up or can it go in any other direction instead of falling down ?

Let me assume the probability of the ball falling on the ground as P1 , the probability that it will go in any other direction as P2 and the probability that it should go up is P3.

Now P1 + P2 + P3 = 1

The probability of any future event can never be equal to zero. In other words the occurrence of any future event is uncertain and lies between 0 and 1.

If this has to be true , then P1, P2 & P3 > 0

But the external variable says that P2 and P3 are zero.

These two facts are conflicting each other.

So, which one of them is true ?

Is it really the external environment or is there something else that can propel it up or in any direction ?

What if the density of the ball decreases and goes on decreasing until it is equal to the density of air ?

The ball should then float.

When the density further decreases the ball will go up .

Or in other words in order to change the probability of the future incident the ball has to change itself.

Only if this is true, P2 and P3 can become non-zero entities.

------------

Can I draw any conclusion out of this ?

If I think myself as the ball, and the external environment as situations in my life, I can turn situations on my side. This is possible even if the situations is predicted to become worst.

This is true. Sometimes due an impromptu event, which we can not predict, happens to change our life or at least affects our life. In such situations we do something different. We become innovative and perform differently.

The change should be from inside to outside and not the other way round !
Share /

No comments

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Join us

© Ideas Unwatched